Sales General Conditions
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All purchase orders shall be invoiced with updated prices at the time of delivery of the merchandise. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
2. The merchandise is delivered to the Customer at the warehouse of Star Computer Group: F.O.B. Miami, Florida, USA. The Customer is responsible for inspecting the merchandise delevered by Star Computer Group and ensuring that the same is correct and complete. The Customer's satisfaction must be shown by a signature on the picking list form at the time of merchandise pickup. Once the order has been picked up, and In case of loss or damage during shipping, the Customer must submit a formal complaint to his shipper or shipping agent.
3. Invoices must be paid pursuant to the due terms specifed in the front of the same, interest of 1.5% for late fees shall be assessed from those Customers behind in payments. Star Computer Group reserves the right to collect additional charges for processing checks or for administrative expenses associated with this process at any time.
4. Star Computer Group reserves the right to re-evaluate the credit conditions of Customer behind in payments or with checks returned for insufficient funds, and, in addition, shall collect a penalty of $ 75.00 for each check returned to cover service charges. The Customer undertakes to pay all collection expenses, including lawyer's fees and court costs, without any limits.
5. In case of merchandise return, without justified cause and within a term no greater than five (5) working days, Star Computer Group shall charge the Customer a fee for handling and storage charges equal to ten percent (10%) of the invoice value. In addition, the Customer accepts to abide by the general conditions of the Limited Warranty Certificate herein included.
LIMITED WARRANTY CERTIFICATE
1. The present title refers to the Limited Warranty Certificate, hereinafter referred to as "The Certificate", for all effects regarding warranty claims and application for the merchandise set forth in the present invoice, under the limits and conditions described below.
2. The merchandise marketed by Star Computer Group shall be warranted by the sundry manufacturers of the same, the terms and conditions of which are published by them either physically or electronically, Star Computer Group shall be an intermediary to carry out the formalities of the Warranty and therefore may not offer further warranties than those offered by the manufacturer thereof.
3. The merchandise is warranted against manufacturing defects or faults of operation derived from said defects, depending on the character and nature of the same and on the warranty lapse of time expressly published in the website: www.starcomputer.com. In case that this lapse of time is not mentioned by the manufacturer or in the website of Star Computer, then a maximum period of thirty (30) calendar days shall apply.
4. The accesories originally included as part of the merchandise and expressly mentioned in the specifications of the same, such as: antennae, remote controls, cables, disks, packaging, earphones, batteries, adapters, ink and toner cartridges, among many others, shall have a warranty of thirty (30) days from the date of issue of the present invoice.
5. The Customer has the responsability to inspect the Warranty Merchandise at the time of pickup from the Star Computer Group warehouses. The conformity of the Customer therewith shall be shown by a signature on the pickup document of the Warranty Merchandise, Star Computer Group is not responsible for missing accesories or physical damages once the merchandise is picked up from its facilities.
6. If the merchandise has some manufacturing defect and/or operation problems, within the limits and conditions established by The Certificate, it may be repaired or substituted by another, new or reconditioned of like characteristics, at no cost to the Customer. If the foregoing is not possible, Star Computer Group shall reimburse the amount paid, applying the reasonable deductions applicable, pursuant to the general conditions in which the merchandise was received at the time of the warranty claim. For that purpose, Star Computer Group reserves the right to select the more convenient options and/or conditions of replacement and reimbursement.
7. Any warranty claim must be made through the website: www.starcomputer.com, where the Customer accepts to adhere to the conditions of the warranty service, and must provide all information required in the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form provided in this site. Star Computer Group shall evaluate the warranty claim, and, if it meets the Certificate conditions, shall issue an RMA Authorization Number (RMA #) to return said merchandise.
8. Star Computer Group shall not accept returns of merchandise without an effective RMA number. The RMA number shall have a validity of thirty (30) calendar days from its date of issuance. This number must be clearly shown outside each box which includes merchandise returned under the warranty.
9. It is the exclusive responsibility of the Customer to defray all expenses regarding the handling and shipping of the merchandise in order to make the Warranty claim effective. In no case shall Star Computer Group receive merchandise sent by the Customer the expenses for which have not been previously paid. Star Computer Group is not responsible for merchandise losses or damages throught the action of third parties during shipping.
10. Merchandise sold by Star Computer Group has been designed to be installed and handled by qualified staff, pursuant to specifications in operation and instruction installation manuals; consequently, the Warranty does not cover damages or bad operation caused by: a) lack of experience, negligence, or inappropiate installation; b) undue use, or different from what was designed; c) magnetic fields or static energy; d) overheating; e) inclusion of foreign materials or non-originals parts; f) lack of mantenance or incorrect application of the same; g) humidity; h) deterioration or wear and tear; i) corrosion; j) dust; k) impacts or scratches; l) short circuits; m) voltage fluctuations; n) defective electric networks; o) computer viruses; p) incompatibility between programs (software) and components (hardware) or any possible combination of the same, defective pixels within the rank granted by the manufacturer, with the foregoing list not be understood as limited to the cause(s) that may occasion any defect to the merchandise, always adhering to the technological nature of the same and the general conditions of use which they may have been subjected to. At all times, Star Computer Group excuses itself from explaining or studying the cause(s) that may originate said effect, understanding that the visible manifestation and/or consequence of any of the above permanently invalidates the Warranty.
11. Likewise, the Warranty remains without effect if the merchandise has been opened, handled or modified by third parties without the express and written authorization of Star Computer Group and/or the manufacturer, with the alteration, damage or removal of series numbers, barcodes and/or alteration of documents such as invoices or manufacturer's warranty policies. Finally, Star Computer Group excepts from the Warranty such merchandise whose damage had been occasioned direct or indirectly by the Customer or third parties.
12. The delivery of the merchandise, without visible damage and in its original packaging, including: antistatic material, manuals, diskettes, CDs, cables, consumable items or any other accesory included at the time of sale, is required to make effective a Warranty claim. If any of these requirements are not met, Star Computer Group reserves the right to deny the Warranty or apply the deductions in question. Consequently, such merchandise that does not present manufacturing defects, shall be returned to the Customer in the same conditions in which it was received.
13. If, by reason of the Warranties herein herein specified Star Computer Group carries out a replacement of defective merchandise, it reserves the right to keep the damaged merchandise in full ownership thereof. Any merchandise offered in substitution is only warranted for the remaining time to elapse of the original warranty indicated in the website: www.starcomputer.com. As soon as the Customer is notified and authorized by Star Computer Group to pickup the warranted merchandise, he has ninety (90) calendar days to carry out this pickup. Once this time lapse expire without this taking place, the merchandise shall be considered as abandoned by the Customer and Star Computer Group shaññ take full possession of it.
14. In no case shall the Customer make claim to Star Computer Group for direct or indirect damages, loss of earnings or moral of financial damages of any kind, due to losses of information or natural disasters suffered by the merchandise, since the liability of Star Computer Group is limited to respond to our Customer in the terms established in the Certificate.
15. Attached to these conditions, the particular conditions of warranty and services, technical specifications, manuals and instructions of each merchandise manufacturer and/or provider also apply, as published by physical or electronic means.